The Club Lake Rules
This list is not exhaustive, it only outlines the main and specific rules that should be adhered to AT ALL TIMES whilst on lake. Bailiff and committee decision is final.
- Barbless hooks only.
- Two keep nets must be used at all times – 1 silver fish 1 carp.
- No meat products of any type to be used on the hook or as feed (includes luncheon meat, dog and cat food, pepperami, etc).
- All feeder and ledger rigs to be free running, no fixed rigs.
- No night fishing.
- All fish to be returned to lake – no transfer or removal of fish from the lake.
- Fish to be treated with respect – care must be taken whilst handling fish.
- No litter – all litter must be taken home with you – You brought it, YOU take it home!
The match rules are a combination of our club rules plus some ‘match specific’ rules
- On arrival at lake all nets are to be stretched out on the bank and allowed to dry. Prior to match starting.
- A limit of 50lbs of fish maximum in any net during a match.
Lakeview fishery has a strict set of rules that must be adhered to whilst fishing on their lakes. These rules apply to all anglers fishing their lakes, including Asfordby and Melton members. These rules include:
- Only Lakeview pellets to be used
- Max size 12 match hook – All hooks to be Barbless
- No feeders, No floating Pole
- Fishing from platforms only
- No carp to be kept in a keep net over 5 lbs whilst pleasure fishing – must be returned asap.
A full list of fishery rules can be found on their website.